As a courtesy to our audience, Maritime Commons will provide a daily compilation of nationally-relevant Federal Register Notices. To provide comments for the public record, follow the Federal Register link for each individual notice. Please note, the Coast Guard cannot respond to comments on these notices outside of the Federal Register.
The U.S. Coast Guard will hold a Public Meeting at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 9, 2014, in the U.S. Coast Guard Personnel Service Center. The primary purpose of the meeting is to discuss preparation for the thirty-ninth session of the International Maritime Organization’s Facilitation Committee to be held at the IMO Headquarters, United Kingdom, September 22-26, 2014.
The agenda items to be considered include:
- Decisions of other IMO bodies
- Consideration and adoption of proposed amendments to the Convention
- General review of the Convention, including harmonization with other international instruments
- E-business possibilities for the facilitation of maritime traffic
- Formalities connected with the arrival, stay and departure of persons
- Ensuring security in and facilitating international trade
- Ship/port interface
- Guidelines on minimum training and education for mooring personnel
- Technical cooperation activities related to facilitation of maritime traffic
- Relations with other organizations
- Application of the Committee’s Guidelines
- Work programme
- Election of Chairman and Vice-Chairman for 2015
- Any other business
View the Federal Register notice for full details and information on how to attend. Those interested in attending must contact the meeting coordinator on or before September 2, 2014.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.