As a courtesy to our audience, Maritime Commons will provide a daily compilation of nationally-relevant Federal Register Notices. To provide comments for the public record, follow the Federal Register link for each individual notice. Please note, the Coast Guard cannot respond to comments on these notices outside of the Federal Register.
The Coast Guard requests public comment on the fiscal year 2015 national nonprofit organization grants should be awarded.
Comments must be submitted on or before October 28, 2014.
The Coast Guard’s National Recreational Boating Safety Program aims to
• Reduce accidents, injuries and deaths on America’s waterways and to facilitate safe enjoyable boating
• Promote greater uniformity among States and localities in boating safety laws, enforcement and administration
• Encourage boating safety activity by nonprofit organizations and make grants to such organizations
This notice discusses eight possible areas of interest for which grants might be awarded in FY 2015. The Coast Guard invites public comment on these eight areas or others that the public feels should be addressed.
Eight areas of interest being considered:
• Year-round safe boating campaign
• Outreach and awareness conference
• Standardize statutes and regulations
• Accident investigation seminars
• Data collection on lifejacket wear
• Voluntary standards development
• Safety training for urban youth
• Boating under the influence detection and enforcement
The Federal Register notice provides details on each of these areas of interest and information on how to provide comment.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.