As a courtesy to our audience, Maritime Commons will provide a daily compilation of nationally-relevant Federal Register Notices. To provide comments for the public record, follow the Federal Register link for each individual notice. Please note, the Coast Guard cannot respond to comments on these notices outside of the Federal Register.
The Coast Guard published a notice to the Federal Register announcing the National Offshore Safety Advisory Committee and its Subcommittees will meet on November 18 and 19, 2014, in Houston, Texas, to discuss the safety of operations and other matters affecting the offshore oil and gas industry. These meetings are open to the public.
Items to be discussed include:
• Commercial diving safety on the Outer Continental Shelf
• Offshore supply vessel purpose and offshore workers
• Training of personnel on mobile offshore units and offshore supply vessels working on the Outer Continental Shelf
• Offshore service vessel dynamic positioning authority and dynamic positioning operator certification
• NorSafe U.S.A. Lifeboat testing
• American Bureau of Shipping liquefied natural gas bunkering
• Center for Offshore Safety Activities
• American Petroleum Institute Recommended Practice 2D operation and maintenance of offshore cranes
• Public comment period
View the Federal Register notice for a full agenda and meeting details.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.
Leave a Reply