As a courtesy to our audience, Maritime Commons will provide a daily compilation of nationally-relevant Federal Register Notices. To provide comments for the public record, follow the Federal Register link for each individual notice. Please note, the Coast Guard cannot respond to comments on these notices outside of the Federal Register.
The Coast Guard announced that it will hold a public meeting on subject matters that will be addressed in the 23rd Session of the Assembly of the International Mobile Satellite Organization on November 13, 2014.
The primary topics that will be considered at the public meeting include:
• Oversight and performance of the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System; and, issues relating to the oversight of potential new GMDSS providers;
• Oversight, performance, audits, charging formulas and proposals for the Long Range Identification and Tracking System;
• Appointment of a new Director General of IMSO and proposed revisions to the functions of the Director General;
• Directorate matters and review of restructuring the Directorate; and
• Financial matters, including arrangements for the development, endorsement and agreement of IMSO budgets and business plans.
View the Federal Register notice for further details.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.
Categories: Commercial Vessel Compliance, Federal Register, Navigation Systems
Leave a Reply