The Coast Guard’s Office of Port and Facility Compliance published its latest issue of Waves on the Waterfront. The newsletter serves to provide useful information on the national and international policies as well as highlight success stories, best practices and achievements in the field.
This edition of the newsletter provides information to Coast Guard units and maritime stakeholders on and covers a variety of topics to include:
• A review of the recently completed Maritime Security Survey;
• A discussion of a recent mishap report concerning a safety inspection on an Anhydrous Ammonia tanker;
• Updates on two public meetings – cybersecurity and Seafarer’s access;
• An update on CG-FAC’s efforts to refresh the Homeport Internet Portal;
• Important information concerning the Federal Aviation Administration’s recent notice of proposed rulemaking on unmanned aircraft systems;
• An update on the Coast Guard’s work concerning using liquefied natural gas as fuel;
• A review of the Alternate Security Program;
• Several more topics…
View the April 2015, Waves on the Waterfront, here.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.