As a courtesy to our audience, Maritime Commons will provide a daily compilation of nationally-relevant Federal Register Notices. To provide comments for the public record, follow the Federal Register link for each individual notice. Please note, the Coast Guard cannot respond to comments on these notices outside of the Federal Register.
The National Boating Safety Advisory Council will meet on May 28 through May 30, 2015, in Arlington, Virginia to discuss issues relating to recreational boating safety.
These meetings will be open to the public.
To facilitate public participation, the Coast Guard invites public comment on the issues to be considered by the Council as listed in the agenda. Written comments for distribution to Council members must be submitted no later than May 21, 2015, if Council review is desired prior to the meeting.
Some of the agenda items include:
• Update on the Coast Guard’s implementation of National Boating Safety Advisory Council Resolutions and Recreational Boating Safety Program report
• Alternate Designated Federal Officer’s report concerning Council administrative and logistical matters
• Alternatives to pyrotechnic visual distress signals
• Grant projects related to boats and associated equipment
• Updates to 33 CFR 181 “Manufacturer Requirements” and 33 CFR 183 “Boats and Associated Equipment”
• Progress on implementation of the 2012-2016 Recreational Boating Safety Strategic Plan, and development of the 2017-2021 Strategic Plan
• Life jacket carriage requirements for certain recreational vessels
• Licensing requirements for on-water boating safety instruction providers
View the Federal Register notice for full details.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.