As a courtesy to our audience, Maritime Commons will provide a daily compilation of nationally-relevant Federal Register Notices. To provide comments for the public record, follow the Federal Register link for each individual notice. Please note, the Coast Guard cannot respond to comments on these notices outside of the Federal Register.
The Coast Guard announced today that the Chemical Transportation and Advisory Committee, and its subcommittees, will meet on August 4-6, 2015, in Washington, D.C., to discuss the safe and secure marine transportation of hazardous materials.
The meetings will be open to the public. In order to attend, attendees must pre-register on or before July 20, 2015.
To facilitate public participation, the committee is also accepting public comments on the following issues:
1) Harmonization of response and carriage requirements for biofuels and biofuel blends;
2) Recommendation on safety standards for the design of vessels carrying natural gas or using natural gas as fuel;
3) Recommendations for safety standards for ship to ship transfer of hazardous material outside of baseline;
4) Recommendations for guidance on the implementation of revisions to MARPOL Annex II and the international code for the construction and equipment of ships carrying dangerous chemicals in bulk, commonly known as the IBC Code;
5) Improving implementation of and education about MARPOL discharge requirements under MARPOL Annex II and V; and
6) Vapor control system regulation supplementation, correction and improvements.
In order to be reviewed by the committee, any comments must be submitted prior to July 27, 2015.
For more information, please view the entire Federal Register notice.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.
Categories: Federal Register, Operating & Environmental Standards
Leave a Reply