As a courtesy to our audience, Maritime Commons will provide a daily compilation of nationally-relevant Federal Register Notices. To provide comments for the public record, follow the Federal Register link for each individual notice. Please note, the Coast Guard cannot respond to comments on these notices outside of the Federal Register.
The Department of State posted a Federal Register notice announcing a public meeting to prepare for the second session of the International Maritime Organization’s Sub-Committee on Carriage of Cargoes and Containers. The Coast Guard is hosting the meeting and seeking comment.
The open meeting is on September 2, 2015 in Washington, D.C.
The agenda items to be considered include:
- Adoption of the agenda
- Decisions of other IMO bodies
- Amendments to the IGF Code and development of guidelines for low-flashpoint fuels
- Safety requirements for carriage of liquefied hydrogen in bulk
- Amendments to the IMSBC Code and supplements
- Amendments to the IMDG Code and supplements
- Amendments to CSC 1972 and associated circulars
- Revised Guidelines for packing of cargo transport units
- Unified interpretation to provisions of IMO safety, security and environment related Conventions
- Consideration of reports of incidents involving dangerous goods or marine pollutants in packaged form on board ships or in port areas
- Mandatory requirements for classification and declaration of solid bulk cargoes as harmful to the marine environment
- Biennial agenda and provisional agenda for CCC 3
- Election of Chairman and Vice-Chairman for 2016
- Any other business
- Report to the Committees
View the Federal Register notice for full details.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.