As a courtesy to our audience, Maritime Commons will provide a daily compilation of nationally-relevant Federal Register Notices. To provide comments for the public record, follow the Federal Register link for each individual notice. Please note, the Coast Guard cannot respond to comments on these notices outside of the Federal Register.
The Coast Guard seeks applications for membership on the Merchant Marine Personnel Advisory Committee to advise the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security on matters related to personnel in the U.S. merchant marine, including but not limited to training, qualifications, certification, documentation and fitness standards.
Completed applications should reach the Coast Guard on or before November 3, 2015.
Applications will be considered for the five following positions:
• Licensed engineering officer who is licensed as either a limited chief engineer or a designated duty engineer;
• Licensed deck officer with an unlimited tonnage master’s license with experience on tank vessels;
• A member who represents the viewpoint of shipping companies employed in ship operation management;
• An unlicensed seaman who represents the viewpoint of Qualified Members of the Engine Department; and
• A member who will be drawn from the general public.
View the Federal Register notice for full details.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.