As a courtesy to our audience, Maritime Commons will provide a daily compilation of nationally-relevant Federal Register Notices. To provide comments for the public record, follow the Federal Register link for each individual notice. Please note, the Coast Guard cannot respond to comments on these notices outside of the Federal Register.
The Coast Guard seeks comment on the approval of a revision to a currently approved collection for the following forms or applications:
- Application for Merchant Mariner Credential
- Application for Merchant Mariner Medical Certificate
- Application for Merchant Mariner Medical Certificate for Entry Level Ratings
- Small Vessel Sea Service Form
- Department of Transportation and U.S. Coast Guard Periodic Drug Testing Form
- Disclosure Statement for Narcotics
- Driving while intoxicated, driving under the influence and/or other convictions
- Merchant Mariner Medical Certificate
- Recognition of Foreign Certificate
The Coast Guard requests comments from applications for merchant mariner credentials and medical certificates.
In particular, the Coast Guard would appreciate comments addressing:
(1) The practical utility of the Collections;
(2) The accuracy of the estimated burden of the Collections;
(3) Ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of information subject to the Collections;
(4) Ways to minimize the burden of the Collections on respondents, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
All comments and related material must be submitted on or before December 14, 2015.
For more information, please view the entire Federal Register notice.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.