As a courtesy to our audience, Maritime Commons will provide a daily compilation of nationally-relevant Federal Register Notices. To provide comments for the public record, follow the Federal Register link for each individual notice. Please note, the Coast Guard cannot respond to comments on these notices outside of the Federal Register.
The Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee will meet on March 1-3, 2016, in Houston, Texas. They will discuss the safe and secure transportation of hazardous materials. This meeting is open to the public and will cover the following topics:
- Harmonization of response and carriage requirement for oil-like substances
- Safety standards for the design of vessels carrying natural gas or using natural gas as fuel
- Safety standards for ship-to-ship transfer of hazardous material outside of the baseline
- Guidance on the implementation of revisions to MARPOL Annex II and the International Code for the Construction and Equipment of Ships Carrying Dangerous Chemicals in Bulk and 46 CFR 153 Regulatory Review
- Implementation and education of discharge requirements related to solid bulk cargo residues
- Marine Vapor Control System, or VCS, Certifying Entities Guidelines update and VCS supplementary guidance for the implementation of the final rule
View the Federal Register notice for full details.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.
Categories: Federal Register