The Coast Guard published the 2016, spring edition, of Proceedings which focused on safety management systems to include:
- Standard procedures to protect the environment
- Vessel systems, crew and operations
- Safety and environmental management systems
- Performance-based requirements
- Liquefied gas industry and safety culture
- Domestic passenger vessels
- Connecting SMS to vessel operations
- Integrating human factors into SMS
- And more…
Check out the latest edition here!
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.