The Coast Guard National Maritime Center posted a notice providing details on the submission of site approval requests for Coast Guard-approved courses and programs.
Site approval requests must include:
- The course(s), program(s), or specific instructions to be given at the proposed location;
- A description of the proposed space/facility;
- Photographs of multiple views including the exterior. If practical, the photos should show the facility as it would be set up for instruction;
- A floor plan detailing room measurements with the intended or actual location of tables, chairs, podiums, and training aids. This should be reasonably to scale; and
- A minimum of 24 square feet per student, not including the instructor’s space, mechanicals, walkways, etc.
Please view the entire notice for additional details on these requests.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.