Today, the Coast Guard’s Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy, Rear Adm. Paul Thomas, testified before a Congressional Hearing focusing on Coast Guard Maritime Transportation Regulatory Programs. Thomas’ comments and answers focused on the following:
- Challenges from a dynamic maritime industry
- Progress on statutory mandates
- STCW implementation updates
- Update on implementation of fishing vessel examinations
- Update on implementation of towing vessel inspections
You can view the written testimony and video on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee website.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.
Categories: Congressional Hearings
Leave a Reply