As a courtesy to our audience, Maritime Commons will provide a daily compilation of nationally-relevant Federal Register Notices. To provide comments for the public record, follow the Federal Register link for each individual notice. Please note, the Coast Guard cannot respond to comments on these notices outside of the Federal Register.
The Coast Guard announced in the Federal Register that it will hold an open public meeting in Washington, DC in preparation for the upcoming 121st session of the IMO Council.
Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2018, beginning at 10:30 a.m., Eastern Time
Coast Guard Headquarters Building at St. Elizabeth’s
2703 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue SE,
Washington, DC 20593
Lt. Cmdr. Staci Weist
Members of the public may attend this meeting up to the seating capacity of the room. To facilitate the building security process, and to request reasonable accommodation, those who plan to attend should contact the meeting coordinator by Nov. 7, 2018. Requests made after November 7 may not be able to be accommodated.
Due to security requirements, each visitor must present two valid, government-issued forms of identification in order to gain entrance to the building. It is recommended that attendees arrive to Coast Guard Headquarters no later than 30 minutes ahead of the scheduled meeting for the security screening process. Parking in the vicinity of the building is extremely limited. Additional information regarding this and other IMO public meetings may be found at: www.uscg.mil/imo.
The primary purpose of this public meeting is to prepare for the upcoming 121st session of IMO Council (C 120) to be held in the United Kingdom, Nov. 19-23, 2018. The agenda items for this session include:
○ Adoption of the agenda
○ Report of the Secretary-General on credentials
○ Strategy, planning and reform
○ Rules of Procedure of the Assembly
○ Resource Management
○ IMO Member State Audit Scheme
○ Consideration of the report of the Marine Environment Protection Committee
○ Consideration of the report of the Technical Cooperation Committee
○ Technical Cooperation Fund: Report on activities of the 2017 programme
○ Word Maritime University
○ IMO International Maritime Law Institute
○ Protection of vital shipping lanes
○ External relations
○ Report on the status of the Convention and membership of the Organization
○ Report on the status of conventions and other multilateral instruments in respect of which the Organization performs functions
○ Contract of the Secretary-General
○ Place, date and duration of the next session of the Council
○ Supplementary agenda items, if any
For more information, view the Federal Register Notice.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official source documents, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These documents remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.