Submitted by the Liquefied Gas Carrier National Center of Expertise
The Coast Guard’s Liquefied Gas Carrier National Center of Expertise (LGC NCOE) published its 2020 edition of The Gas Gauge, a newsletter to share Coast Guard involvement and regulatory updates about the liquefied gas industry.
This edition of the newsletter provides information to Coast Guard and industry on a wide variety of topics to include:
- LGC NCOE Annual Update
- Guidance Gouge
- NCOE Spotlight: Mr. Aaron Harcourt
- Training Tips: Hazardous Area Electrical Installation Maintenance
- Tech Talk: Electrochemical Gas Sensor
- Service Center: Liquefied Gas Carrier Accelerated Training Program & Video-Based Training Initiative
In addition, test your liquefied gas knowledge by submitting an answer to this edition’s “How Full is YOUR Tank?” questions and take a chance to receive a LGC NCOE recognition certificate and public acknowledgement on the LGC NCOE website!
View the 2020 edition of The Gas Gauge on the LGC NCOE website.
The LGC NCOE is one of six NCOEs nationwide focusing on providing industry specific consultation and services to the Coast Guard and maritime industry. The LGC NCOE provides technical advice on all matters related to foreign and U.S. flagged vessels and barges that carry liquefied gases in bulk and the marine transfer systems associated with LNG/LPG terminals. These include:
(1) Providing liquefied gas training and outreach opportunities;
(2) Liquefied gas workforce forecasting and performance development; and
(3) Technical expertise for the establishment of local and national liquefied gas guidance, policy and regulations.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official publications, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These publications remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.