As a courtesy to our audience, Maritime Commons will provide a daily compilation of nationally-relevant Federal Register Notices, or those notices that may impact a large segment of our readers. To provide comments for the public record, follow the Federal Register link for each individual notice. Please note, the Coast Guard cannot respond to comments on these notices outside of the Federal Register.
The Coast Guard announced in the Federal Register that the National Towing Safety Advisory Committee will meet via teleconference Dec. 7, 2021 to discuss the election of officers, issuance of new task statements, and stand-up of the Task Statement Vetting Committee. The Towing Safety Advisory Committee provides advice and recommendations to the Department of Homeland Security on matters related to shallow-draft inland and coastal waterway navigation and towing safety.
Tuesday, December 7, 2021, from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. EST
To join the teleconference or to request special accommodations, contact Mr. Matthew D. Layman, Designated Federal Officer of the National Towing Safety Advisory Committee at 202-372-1421 or Matthew.D.Layman@uscg.mil no later than 1 p.m. on December 1, 2021, to obtain the needed information. The number of teleconference lines are limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Comments and supporting documents should reach the committee no later than Dec. 1, 2021.
The agenda for the December 7, 2021, teleconference meeting is as follows:
(1) Call to Order.
(2) Roll call and determination of quorum.
(3) Opening Remarks.
(4) Swearing-in of new members.
(5) Election by Committee members of the Chairperson and Vice Chairperson.
(6) Establishment of the Task Statement Vetting Committee.
(7) Issuance of New Task Statements.
(8) Review of Draft Final Report for legacy Task 16-01: Subchapter M Implementation, Workgroup Item #1- Criteria Used to Apply the Term “Occasional Towing.
(9) Update from the Office of Commercial Vessel Compliance on the status of Subchapter M Implementation.
(10) Update from the Towing Vessel National Center of Expertise.
(11) Public Comment period.
Review the Federal Register notice for more information.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official publications, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These publications remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.
Categories: Federal Register