LGC NCOE Offshore Certificate of Compliance Examination Program during LGCAP 2201 & USCG Ship-to-Ship LNG Transfer Approvals
The Liquefied Gas Carriers National Center of Expertise (LGCNCOE) has issued a Industry Notice 22-02 to provide awareness to liquefied natural gas carrier (LNGCs) owners and operators regarding the LGC NCOE’s offshore Certificate of Compliance (COC) examination program during the Coast Guard’s Liquefied Gas Carrier Accelerated Program (LGCAP) 2201. The Coast Guard’s Foreign Gas Carrier Examiner National Verifying Officer’s from the LGC NCOE will lead examinations under this program.
Commencing only from April 6th, 2022 and ending on April 29th, 2022, the following LNGCs are eligible and may request for a COC under this program:
- LNGC’s that are cargo restricted (more than 3 months beyond the expiration of their COC) and not eligible to submit for a cargo waiver or temporary COC, and
- that are not already intended to load cargo within the MSU Port Arthur OCMI zone, and
- not targeted for a High Interest Vessel security boarding.
LGC NCOE Offshore COC Program Details:
- COC exams will be conducted in the Sabine Bank Inshore Anchorage Area: The area defined by 33 Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) 166.200(d)(13)(i). LNGCs conducting a COC under this program must submit an Advanced Notice of Arrival (ANOA) as required in 33 CFR Parts 146 and 160.
- This program is limited to COC portions of an exam. No Port State Control examinations or credit will be conducted as part of this program.
- All COC requests under this program should be scheduled directly with the LGC NCOE via email at LGCNCOE@uscg.mil at least 7 days prior to the requested exam date.
- The LGC NCOE will evaluate requests on a case-by-case basis. It is highly recommended to request the COC as early as possible to mitigate potential delays related to weather.
USCG Ship-to-Ship (STS) LNGC Transfer Approvals:
- For industry awareness, receipt and processing of ship-to-ship (STS) LNG transfer approvals by COMDT (CG-ENG-5) will now be available seven days a week. Please submit STS approval requests at least 24-48 hours in advance of the transfer time via email with completed checklist and supporting documentation to email@example.com.
Questions regarding this notice should be forwarded to the National Technical Advisor for the LGC NCOE at (409) 723-6559 or by email at LGCNCOE@uscg.mil or Jason.Y.Ryu@uscg.mil.
This blog is not a replacement or substitute for the formal posting of regulations and updates or existing processes for receiving formal feedback of the same. Links provided on this blog will direct the reader to official publications, such as the Federal Register, Homeport and the Code of Federal Regulations. These publications remain the official source for regulatory information published by the Coast Guard.
Categories: Commercial Vessel Compliance, Offshore
Leave a Reply